I just decided to throw out the roast as I don't want to take any chances on
making us sick.  This brought tears to my stomach as the roast was delicious.
I won't make that mistake again.  mike

-----Original Message-----
From: Pamela Fairchild via Cookinginthedark
[mailto:cookinginthedark@acbradio.org]
Sent: Wednesday, January 24, 2018 10:18 AM
To: cookinginthedark@acbradio.org
Cc: Pamela Fairchild <pamelafairch...@comcast.net>
Subject: Re: [CnD] question about leftover roast

It is up to you what to do concerning your roast, but I would cook the roast a
little longer at full temperature and eat it anyway. Only you can decide. I
have never become sick from the kind of accidental storage problem that you
describe. Most marinades have vinegar or other preserving agents to discourage
bad things from growing. All that said, if the casserole was left out for more
than 8 hours without the roast in it, I might think twice about using the meat
after returning it to the dish. If the lag time was only a couple hours you
should be fine. Of course, when you take the dish out  again, , if there are
odd odors, then disguard the meat.

Pamela Fairchild
<pamelafairch...@comcast.net>