Re-Post For Million-Dollar Spaghetti Casserole Recipe - Pillsbury.com
* Prep 40 min
* Total1 hr 25 min
Layers upon layers of spaghetti, Italian sausage, ricotta, cream cheese and
pasta sauce give this luxuriously rich casserole its million-dollar
1lb uncooked spaghetti Save $
1lb bulk Italian sausage Save $
1/4cup butter, cut into forths
3 eggs, beaten Save $
1/3cup grated Parmesan cheese
2tablespoons chopped fresh basil leaves Save $
1 container (15 oz) whole milk ricotta cheese Save $
4oz cream cheese (from 8-oz package)
1 jar (25.5 oz) Muir Glen organic tomato basil pasta sauce Save $
2cups shredded mozzarella cheese (2 cups)
· 1. Heat oven to 350°F. Spray 13x9-inch (3-quart) baking dish with cooking
· 2. Cook spaghetti to al dente as directed on package; drain. Return to
· 3. Meanwhile, in 10-inch skillet, cook sausage over medium-high heat 5 to
7 minutes, stirring frequently, until brown; set aside.
4. Add butter, eggs, Parmesan cheese and basil to spaghetti; toss until
butter is melted and spaghetti is evenly coated. Spread mixture in baking
· 5. In medium microwavable bowl, place ricotta cheese and cream cheese;
microwave uncovered on High 45 to 60 seconds or until softened. Mix well.
Drop cheese mixture by spoonfuls over spaghetti mixture; spread evenly. Top
with cooked sausage, pasta sauce and mozzarella cheese.
6. Bake uncovered 30 to 40 minutes or until cheese is melted and lightly
brown. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
* Italian sausage can be purchased as sweet or hot; either can be used
in this recipe.
* In place of the Italian sausage, you can use ground beef.
Serving Size: 1 Serving
Calories from Fat
% Daily Value
% Daily Value*:
2 Starch; 0 Fruit; 1/2 Other Carbohydrate; 0 Skim Milk; 0 Low-Fat Milk; 0
Milk; 1/2 Vegetable; 0 Very Lean Meat; 0 Lean Meat; 2 High-Fat Meat; 1 1/2
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
* © General Mills
Cookinginthedark mailing list