good points. I always use large colanders and a stable base is a must.

-----Original Message-----
From: Eileen Scrivani via Cookinginthedark
[mailto:cookinginthedark@acbradio.org]
Sent: Thursday, July 25, 2019 11:38 PM
To: cookinginthedark@acbradio.org
Cc: Eileen Scrivani
Subject: Re: [CnD] pouring liquids into collandars

By setting the colander in the sink ahead of time and in the location I want
it to be in, at the point I've carry the pot over to the sink I know where
it is and as I pour slowly I can tell that its going in. The colander is
fairly large so its pretty easy to get it in. Also the colander I have has a
good stable base that helps to prevent it tilting over.

Also, at the point I get over to the sink with the pot I can set the potdown
on the counter to double check my alignment if its in question.

Eileen