Take a small appliance to a vocational technical high school to the
electronics course, you'll probably get the repair done and the student
who does it will get a grade for that repair.  The teacher likely will
inspect the repair before you get the item returned too.  That's a
teaching opportunity for those students.  You might want to look into
that when need arises and you get a chance.