Slow Cooker Hot Fudge Chocolate Cake

This is an easy, no-mixer cake that's super soft, gooey, moist, rich, and
fudgy. As the cake cooks, it creates its own hot fudge sauce! For the full
experience, serve with ice cream or whipped cream.

Yield: 8 servings.

Prep Time 5 minutes

Cook Time 1 hour 30 minutes

Total Time 1 hour 35 minutes

Ingredients

1 cup all-purpose flour

1 cup granulated sugar, divided

1/4 cup + 3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder, divided

1 teaspoon baking powder

1/2 teaspoon salt, or to taste

3/4 cup milk (I used cashewmilk; chocolate milk may be substituted)

1/3 cup vegetable or canola oil

1 teaspoon vanilla extract

1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips

1 1/2 cups boiling water

ice cream and/or whipped topping or whipped cream for serving, optional but
recommended

Instructions

1.      Line a 6-quart slow cooker with a liner if using one. I prefer to
use liners for easy cleanup and storage, see step 8. Spray liner or base and
sides of slow cooker with cooking spray; set aside.
2.      To a medium bowl, add the flour, 1/2 cup sugar, 1/4 cup cocoa
powder, baking powder, salt, and whisk to combine.
3.      Add the milk, oil, vanilla, and stir until just moistened.
4.      Turn batter out into prepared slow cooker and spread it into a
smooth, even, flat layer.
5.      Evenly sprinkle the chocolate chips; set aside.
6.      To a medium bowl (the same one you already used is fine, just wipe
it clean with a paper towel), add 1/2 cup sugar, 3 tablespoons cocoa powder,
the boiling water, and whisk to combine.
7.      Carefully pour the hot cocoa-water mixture over the batter in slow
cooker. Do not stir. This mixture turns into hot fudge while the cake bakes;
do not stir.
8.      Cover and cook on high for about 1 1/2 to 2 hours, or until a
toothpick inserted into center of cake comes out clean. Start checking at
just over one hour to ensure you don't overbake (no raw egg issues to worry
about). My cake was done at 90 minutes. All slow cookers vary so cook until
cake is done.
9.      Remove the top portion of the slow cooker (the ceramic bowl the cake
is cooking in) from the base (heating element) to allow cake to cool
momentarily before serving. I recommend serving with ice cream and/or
whipped topping or whipped cream.

Notes

*       I have not tested the recipe using the low heat setting and can't
speak to baking time or results; nor have I tested it using smaller-sized
slow cookers.
*       Cake is best warm and fresh but will keep in an airtight container
for up to 5 days at room temp, noting the sauce absorbs into the cake by the
second day. Storage is much easier if you use a liner because you can lift
the entire liner out, cake and all, and place in an airtight container.
*       Adapted from BHG
<http://www.bhg.com/recipe/cakes/triple-chocolate-peanut-butter-pudding-cake
/>  and Betty Crocker

Nutrition Information:

Yield:8

Serving Size:1

Amount Per Serving: Calories: 336 Total Fat: 11g Saturated Fat: 6g Trans
Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 5g Cholesterol: 10mg Sodium: 225mg Carbohydrates:
58g Net Carbohydrates: 0g Fiber: 2g Sugar: 41g Sugar Alcohols: 0g Protein:
4g

C Averie Sunshine

Cuisine: American / Category: Cakes & Cupcakes.  Enjoy.  From Arlette