-----Original Message-----
From: Cookinginthedark [mailto:cookinginthedark-boun...@acbradio.org] On
Behalf Of Dani Pagador via Cookinginthedark
Sent: Wednesday, April 22, 2020 5:15 AM
To: cookinginthedark
Cc: Dani Pagador
Subject: [CnD] Chocolate Milk Bar

Hi, Everyone.
I have pasted a recipe below that I found in my recipe stash and
really think I need to make. How would you suggest I go about melting
the chocolate chips? I don't want to burn anything; burned chocolate
is such a waste.

Thanks,
Dani

"This is the bar recipe that "Indulging in Memories in OR" is looking
for. The recipe is called "Chocolate Milk Bar" which belies the
richness of these bars. They are incredible, and obviously memorable!

Chocolate Milk Bar (From Jane)

 1/2 C Butter/margarine
 1 C Brown Sugar
 1 1/2 C Oatmeal
 1 1/4 C Flour
 1 tsp Baking Soda
 1 tsp Salt
 1/4 tsp vanilla
 1 egg, slightly beaten

 Mix all ingredients until crumbly. Press 2/3 of the crumbs into a 9x9
pan, reserving 1/3 of the crumbs for the top. Make the filling.

 filling:
 1 can Sweetened Condensed Milk
 1 Tb Butter
 1 C Semi-Sweet Chocolate

 Melt the chocolate chips; add the butter and sweetened condensed
milk, and stir until it is well-mixed. Pour over the crust, and top
with the remaining crumbs. Bake at 350 for 20 minutes."