Melt the chocolate in the microwave oven, at 50% power, checking and
stirring every 20-30 seconds.

-----Original Message-----
From: Cookinginthedark <cookinginthedark-boun...@acbradio.org> On Behalf Of
Dani Pagador via Cookinginthedark
Sent: Wednesday, April 22, 2020 5:15 AM
To: cookinginthedark <cookinginthedark@acbradio.org>
Cc: Dani Pagador <pocketfulofs...@gmail.com>
Subject: [CnD] Chocolate Milk Bar

Hi, Everyone.
I have pasted a recipe below that I found in my recipe stash and really
think I need to make. How would you suggest I go about melting the chocolate
chips? I don't want to burn anything; burned chocolate is such a waste.

Thanks,
Dani

"This is the bar recipe that "Indulging in Memories in OR" is looking for.
The recipe is called "Chocolate Milk Bar" which belies the richness of these
bars. They are incredible, and obviously memorable!

Chocolate Milk Bar (From Jane)

 1/2 C Butter/margarine
 1 C Brown Sugar
 1 1/2 C Oatmeal
 1 1/4 C Flour
 1 tsp Baking Soda
 1 tsp Salt
 1/4 tsp vanilla
 1 egg, slightly beaten

 Mix all ingredients until crumbly. Press 2/3 of the crumbs into a 9x9 pan,
reserving 1/3 of the crumbs for the top. Make the filling.

 filling:
 1 can Sweetened Condensed Milk
 1 Tb Butter
 1 C Semi-Sweet Chocolate

 Melt the chocolate chips; add the butter and sweetened condensed milk, and
stir until it is well-mixed. Pour over the crust, and top with the remaining
crumbs. Bake at 350 for 20 minutes."