I'm not good with reading the mannuals; they are too technical for me. Right now I am using nvda which is very different from window-eyes which I used until my whole system crashed.

I'm also using mozilla so that to is a big learning curve. At my age they say it's good to learn new stuff, but fi I had something to learn from it would be a whole lot easier.

I'd love to be able to make a recipe folder, forwrd a message, etc. I know in time I will.

On 7/11/2020 5:15 PM, Pamela Fairchild via Cookinginthedark wrote:
I'm always learning new things or ways to do things on the computer.
Unfortunately, I forget things a lot more often than I used to as well, making
it necessary to have a notebook of tips and key strokes that tell me what to do.

Pamela Fairchild
<pamelafairch...@comcast.net>

-----Original Message-----
From: Cookinginthedark On Behalf Of Lora Leggett via Cookinginthedark
Sent: Saturday, July 11, 2020 7:24 PM
To: cookinginthedark@acbradio.org
Cc: Lora Leggett <kc8...@comcast.net>
Subject: Re: [CnD] old braille cookbooks

Hi Pamela,
Yep, I’d have to move out too but I do read all the reccipes on my SD cards in
my Vic.  I’m glad I have more than one, but I just use one when I am recording.
I try to do them in smaller groups so I don’t wear my head out, haha.
I’ll have to look so I can tell you what I have had so far.  There is one book
I did not do, it’s the Pillsbury fast and Healthy book.  I found out I had
downloaded it from Bookshare.
So, I just read the contents.  That way, I will have the contents to browse, so
since as you probably know, I know I am preaching to the choir, but here is
what I found out.
You can, of course, play a book from there in your Vicand he or she will read
it to you.
However, when you open that big folder in your computer, you go down a couple
folders where it says the name with XML at the end of it.  Open that folder,
and there, big as life, it shows you the entire book!  Really, you can see
every word!  That shocked me, but is also very cool, because then you can look
up a recipe and find it.
I was amazed because no one had shown me before.
  So, no need for me to write out that Pillsbury book.
But I’ll go look up what I did speak on the Vic.

Sent from Mail for Windows 10