From: Cookinginthedark <cookinginthedark-boun...@acbradio.org> On Behalf Of
Samuel Wilkins via Cookinginthedark
Sent: Wednesday, July 15, 2020 1:37 PM
To: cookinginthedark@acbradio.org
Cc: Samuel Wilkins <sound...@spwnet.co.uk>
Subject: Re: [CnD] Question about Making Pikelets

Hello Diane, a pikelet is different to a regular pancake in several ways.  It's
also known as a Scottish pancake, and they are much smaller.  They are around
three to four inches in diameter, and are thicker and heavier than standard
pancakes.

An induction hob is a hob the transmits heat directly onto the base of a pan,
which makes it less likely that you'll burn yourself.  Thus, if I had an
induction hob skillet, I could use it to do light frying much more safely.  I
use a talking induction hob from Cobolt systems, I don't know if those ones are
available in the US.  Hope that helps.

On 15/07/2020 15:32, diane.fann7--- via Cookinginthedark wrote:
> Hi, Samuel,
>
> What distinguishes pikelets from regular pancakes? What is an induction hob
> skillet?
>
> Diane

Regards,

Samuel Wilkins