CP Cinnamon And Sugar Almonds

HAPPY MONDAY TO ALL!

These sugar covered almonds are not only an O'Dea favorite, they are an
Internet favorite.

Pinterest has let me know that this recipe has been shared over 58,000 times.

If you can hold yourself back from eating them all, these make *excellent*
gifts. Seal in an airtight container and eat right away or store them in the
fridge.

Cinnamon and Sugar Roasted Almonds

serves about 10

cooking spray

1 1/2 cups sugar (try not to freak out on me)

3 tablespoons cinnamon

1/8 teaspoon kosher salt

1 egg white

1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract

3 1/4 cups whole raw almonds (that's what was in the packages I bought; it's a
weird measurement)

parchment paper or aluminum foil

The Directions.

Use a 4-quart slow cooker (you can also use a 6-quart, but be sure to check
often because they will cook a bit faster).

Spray the stoneware well with cooking spray. In a mixing bowl, combine sugar,
cinnamon, and salt.

Set this bowl aside.

In a larger mixing bowl, whisk together the egg white and vanilla extract.

Pour the almonds into this bowl and stir well to coat.

Add your cinnamon mixture to the top of the nuts and toss with spoons to fully
coat (too many nuts to do the plastic bag toss---you'd have to do batches).

Put the almonds into the slow cooker and cover.

Cook on high for 2 hours, stirring every 20-30 minutes or so to keep the
almonds on the side of the crock from getting too crispy.

When the nuts are all hot and toasty, let them cool fully on a length of foil
or parchment paper.

When fully cool, store in an air-tight container.

The Verdict.

I never had the chance to store my almonds in an air-tight container.

Adam and the kids kept taste-testing them, and my dad came over to borrow a
drill (or some tool, I wasn't really paying attention, and this was a while
ago) and I left the house to go to Trader Joe's.

When I got back, there were about 6 nuts left and cinnamon and sugar was strewn
all over the counter top.

:-)

"If we could look into each other's hearts and understand the unique challenges
each of us faces, I think we would treat each other much more gently, with more
love, patience, tolerance, and care."

-Marvin J. Ashton

🙏

I appreciate the second chance of life at:

-Sugar 😘