OK, I have a ligand and I want to move it around in my density.

I have a cif file, but coot treats the molecule as a rigid structure and so
I can't move a specific part of the structure, without moving the whole thing.

I am sort of working around this problem by going into the pdb file of the
ligand and renaming parts of it as below. Instead of the whole thing being
called DRG, I changed it.

ATOM   2501  NAT DRA D   1                N
ATOM   2502  CAZ DRA D   1                C
ATOM   2503  CAK DRA D   1                C
ATOM   2504  CAI DRB D   1                C
ATOM   2505  SAV DRB D   1                S
ATOM   2506  CBB DRC D   1                C
ATOM   2507  CAY DRC D   1                C

But, when I come to do Rotate/Translate zone, coot crashes.

Does anyone know a good way to achieve what I want, avoiding manipulating
the pdb file?


cheers

Reply via email to