Well, nothing on the log file you sent gives any hint of a problem, and this was designed to be completely stand-alone.

You need to have installed X11.app. On 10.5 it will launch and set the DISPLAY variable automatically.

What happens if you launch a simple X11 program like  xclock?


On May 18, 2008, at 8:09 PM, Lieh Yoon Low wrote:

Hi Bill,

Thank you so much for your reply. I followed your instructions, but coot was not successfully launched. Attached is the log file I appended from stdoutput:<coot.log>

Do you know what other softwares I should install before running coot?

Thanks

ray
Lieh Yoon LOW
Burnham Institute for Medical Research
Centre for Infectious and Inflammatory Diseases
10901 North Torrey Pines Road
La Jolla, California  92037
Tel: 858-646-3100 x4506
Fax:858-713-9925

On May 18, 2008, at 6:51 PM, William Scott wrote:

Dear Lieh Yoon Low:

Here is a page I made that I hope will be of some use:  
http://xanana.ucsc.edu/~wgscott/xtal/wiki/index.php/Installing_Coot_on_OS_X

Bill


On May 18, 2008, at 10:01 AM, Lieh Yoon Low wrote:

Hi Dr Scott,
Could you kindly advice me on how to install coot onto my powerbook g4 with mac os 10.5?
Thanks in advance.

Lieh Yoon LOW
Burnham Institute for Medical Research
Centre for Infectious and Inflammatory Diseases
10901 North Torrey Pines Road
La Jolla, California  92037
Tel: 858-646-3100 x4506
Fax:858-713-9925

Begin forwarded message:

From: Paul Emsley <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: May 18, 2008 12:00:57 AM PDT
To: Lieh Yoon Low <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, William Scott <[EMAIL PROTECTED] >
Subject: Re: coot for powerbook g4 mac os 10.5

Lieh Yoon Low wrote:
Hi Dr Emsley,

I recently upgraded my powerbook g4 1.67 ghz to 10.5, but could not get coot 0.4 to run on it. Could you kindly advice me on how/ where to obtain a binary for coot 0.4 on G4 mac with os 10.5?

Thanks in advance.

Dear Lieh Yoon Low,

I don't know that there is any such thing. Perhaps something in Fink can provide the answer? Bill?

Paul.



Reply via email to