Another idea:

If you have $DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH assigned, try unsetting it before invoking coot, i.e., issue

DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH=""  ; coot

On Nov 17, 2008, at 8:09 AM, Enrico Malito wrote:

Hello,

I was wondering if anybody observed this before. When I start coot I get this messages (a long list of errors for the whole content of the folder /sw/share/coot/pixmaps/):

Error loading icon: Couldn't recognize the image file format for file '/sw/share/coot/pixmaps/add-alt-conf.svg' Error loading icon: Couldn't recognize the image file format for file '/sw/share/coot/pixmaps/add-peptide-1.svg'
Error loading icon: Couldn't recognize the image file format for file '/sw/share/coot/pixmaps/undo-1.png' Error loading icon: Couldn't recognize the image file format for file '/sw/share/coot/pixmaps/unknown-blob.png'
initalize graphics molecules...done.

and no icons are loaded in the right bar of coot, only grey boxes (see attach). This is 0.5.1-pre-1 installed through fink on OSX 10.5.5, and those icons files are actually there (in /sw/share/coot/pixmaps/) and seem oK.

Thanks much in advance for any hints.
EM
<Picture 1.png>