------------------------

OK thanks.

I tried a different example, which did give me a (wrong) assignment - is there any way of picking an alternative?

What partly confused me before and again was that this command assigns the sequence but doesn't build the side chains - you have to use the Fill Partial Residues command, I suppose

Also if I go back to the GUI for the same "molecule", it displays 2 sequences

Thanks again
Phil

then cootaneer

iv: 0 seq.size: 1
debug pythoning and MHHHHHHLVPRGSHMIPSITAYSKNGLKIEFTFERSNTNPSVTVITIQASNSTELDMTDFVFQAAVPKTFQLQLLSPSSSVVPAFNTGTITQVIKVLNPQKQQLRMRIKLTYNHKGSAMQDLAEVNNFPPQSWQ
in assign_sequence_from_string
storing sequence: MHHHHHHLVPRGSHMIPSITAYSKNGLKIEFTFERSNTNPSVTVITIQASNSTELDMTDFVFQAAVPKTFQLQLLSPSSSVVPAFNTGTITQVIKVLNPQKQQLRMRIKLTYNHKGSAMQDLAEVNNFPPQSWQ for chain id: A (assign-sequence-from-string 2 "A" "MHHHHHHLVPRGSHMIPSITAYSKNGLKIEFTFERSNTNPSVTVITIQASNSTELDMTDFVFQAAVPKTFQLQLLSPSSSVVPAFNTGTITQVIKVLNPQKQQLRMRIKLTYNHKGSAMQDLAEVNNFPPQSWQ ")

Sequence: ?KIEFT?
Confidence: 0.912518