[mailto:c...@jiscmail.ac.uk] On Behalf Of Paul Emsley
Sent: Monday, September 07, 2009 5:04 AM
To: COOT@JISCMAIL.AC.UK
Subject: Re: ccp4mg

Wu, Zhongren wrote:
> I am using ccp4mg to get nice graphics for presentations.  I have no
> problems to get movie.gif files for structure rotations.  However,
> when use animation, I ran into a lot problems.  I followed the
> instructions closely and get morph files (pdb format) from the
> yale.edu server.  But ccp4mg refuses to take them, complaining the
> wrong format.  I hope somebody can help me out.

Hello Zhongren Wu,

If ccp4mg complains about the format of the PDB file(s) it is probably
right.  The devil is in the detail - what does it say?  If I had to
guess, I'd say that the files from they yale.edu are not  sanctioned PDB
format.

Paul.

p.s. slightly ironic that you should ask about ccp4mg here.  There is a
mailing list for ccp4mg questions:
https://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/cgi-bin/webadmin?A0=CCP4MG