You usually need to play with the contour level, map radius, and location to
get a good view. Also, check the terminal window for any error messages.

-----Original Message-----
[mailto:COOT@JISCMAIL.AC.UK] On Behalf Of Ali Khan
Sent: 22 June 2016 21:25
To: COOT@JISCMAIL.AC.UK
Subject: [COOT] Viewing Mtz files converted from .mrc

Hi,

I am trying to view a mtz file in coot which was created from a cryoEM .mrc
file. When I load the map as an .mrc file into coot, it looks fine, but when I
convert this mrc file to mtz using either mrc2mtz (from
https://www2.mrc-lmb.cam.ac.uk/groups/murshudov/content/em_fitting/em_fitting.html)
 or using phenix.map_to_structure_factors, I do not see any density when this
file is opened in coot0.83 using the Open MTZ option. Please advise.
Thanks for your help!

Sincerely,
Ali Khan