Hello,

I have Coot installed on macOS 10.14.6, using the Bill Scott binary method.  It
has worked well for me for awhile.  However, recently it stopped being able to
fetch PDB files using several approaches I commonly use.

For File -> Fetch PDB using accession code, it gives an error: “Failed to read
coordinates file 1sug.pdb.ent” and does nothing else.  The coot-download folder
is empty.

For File -> Fetch PDB & map using EDS, it gives a similar but slightly
different error: “Failed to read coordinates file pdb1sug.ent” and does nothing
else.  The coot-download folder is empty.

However, for File -> Fetch PDB & map using PDB-REDO, it works.  The
coot-download folder is still empty — but the model and map appear in the
graphics window.

I was previously using an older version of Coot from perhaps 2018ish.  I then
removed it entirely from /usr/local/bin/coot and /opt/coot and ~/Library/Coot,
and re-installed using the Bill Scott binary method.  Now I have 0.8.9.2-pre EL
(revision count 7607) — though the splash screen actually says 0.8.9.1.  The
problem persists.  (Moreover, it doesn’t seem to have loaded my ~/.coot file
anymore, since I had specified pre-set window  positions in that file which
previously were reflected when the program started, but now are not.)

Can anyone provide any help please?

Thanks in advance,

~Daniel

—
Daniel A. Keedy, PhD
Assistant Professor
Structural Biology Initiative, CUNY Advanced Science Research Center
Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry, City College of New York
Biochemistry and Chemistry PhD Programs, CUNY Graduate Center
dke...@gc.cuny.edu<mailto:dke...@gc.cuny.edu> (NOT @asrc)  |
https://keedylab.org   |  212-413-3246