On 01/02/2024 14:03, Kim Walbrunn wrote:

Dear mailing list,

I am writing about some problems with Coot when trying to run the Jiggle-fit command.

I have tried to jiggle fit (simple / FT) coordinates into a CryoEM map, using the Cryo-EM module (Coot 1.1.07) or the curlew add-on 'Morph' (Coot 0.9.8). With both Coot versions, the program crashes instantly with the error message: No Core file found No debugging. Seeing the informative nature of the error I don't know where the problem might be or what I really could do to make it run. So, I hoped you might have a few suggestions as to what I can try (installation tweaks or anything else really)

Dear Kim,

The 1.1.x Coot binaries that you are using should be compiled with "backward" - which gives you (and therefore me) some more information about what is failing. It would useful to see that backtrace.

My guess at the moment is that you are running out of memory (I think that Coot makes many copies of your map for multi-threaded fittings).

You can try setting the the environment variable

COOT_N_THREADS=1

and see if that makes a difference.

Regards