On Tuesday, February 21, 2017 1:45:38 PM CET Michal Novotny wrote:
> On Tue, Feb 21, 2017 at 12:03 PM, Pavel Raiskup <prais...@redhat.com> wrote:
>
> > On Tuesday, February 21, 2017 9:31:33 AM CET Michal Novotny wrote:
> > > I plan to allow rebuilding all packages in a new chroot if users welcome
> > such
> > > option.
> >
> > Definitely.
> >
> > But how this is going to be implemented?  Simply resubmit builds into
> > initialized (empty) buildroot in random order work in most of the cases.
>
> In theory, we can find out, from db, the order, in which the existing packages
> were successfully built and build in that same order.

Many times the order is not enough.  There are two(or more)-step bootstrap
processes where you need to build some trimmed package A, then build dependency
B, and then build full package A.

> We can, however, always add the chroot where the packages are already
> built as an 'additional repository' for the new chroot.

Yes, that's what I've been doing (suggested by Mirek) .. but doing this manually
for like 7 maintained chroots is pretty error prone and boring manual job .. :(
You need to keep in mind to drop that additional repo once you bootstrapped...
Truth is that I should script this somehow via copr-cli, but ...

Anyways, yes -> if the Fedora N-1 was available automatically during
"mass-copr-rebuild", it would resolve the issues.

> There is an issue that when we do rebuilding, we use the latest
> "upstream" for MockSCM, PyPI, GitAndTito, Rubygems methods, which could
> have evolved from the latest build in the linked chroot.

That's right but I don't think we can do much about it (except for the explicit
"copy fedora N-1 builds only" option).  FTBFS bugs happen, the sooner user is
informed the better.

Thanks,
Pavel