Kevin Bourrillion wrote:
Bumping this thread. From the peanut gallery, I believe that Rémi's change is extremely worthy. I have more nitpicking I'd like to do on it, but am holding off until we learn whether Sun would accept it in any shape.

At this point, it's still very mysterious to me how this will work (small, simple new APIs being added to core libraries via openjdk).
I agree it's worth continuing this. As you said, it's one of those things that almost everyone has written many times.

Mark sent out a link a few days ago to a draft process for jdk7 development [1]. I assume in time this will detail the process for reviewing API additions and replacing the current (Sun-internal) CCC process.

-Alan.

[1] http://mail.openjdk.java.net/pipermail/jdk7-dev/2009-February/000411.html