Thanks everyone. I like clean code as well. Since it's a new entry point and launcher hasn't used it yet, it is the best chance to clean this up. I will eliminate the throwError parameter and do the synchronized integration.

Caveat: I have to double check if FX launcher is using this entry point. I don't think per my conversation with Kumar. But better to confirm.

The HS fix will go in b68 and the JDK fix will go in b70.

Thanks
Mandy

Alan Bateman wrote:
Paul Hohensee wrote:
Can't remove it unless it's fixed in jdk6 as well as 7. Also, one of these days we'll get around to shipping current hotspot in jdk5 and maybe 1.4.2. How would these
be affected?

paul
I don't think it is used as it's not in the jdk's jvm.h yet. I checked jdk6 this morning in case it was being used there but it doesn't appear to be. I think the simplest way to get this parameter removed is to do the hotspot changes now and wait until it's in a promoted build before pushing the jdk changes. Doing it later, as Keith suggested, would require a polka lasting several builds.

-Alan.