Oleg Sukhodolsky wrote:
On Tue, Sep 15, 2009 at 11:13 PM, Mandy Chung <mandy.ch...@sun.com> wrote:
:
complicate porting JRE implementation.
How does it complicate the porting?

I'm not sure that IBM's or some other's version of JDK is allowed to
contain such
classes, thus it may be harder to port our RI to their implementation .
I don't see a problem here. These are implementation classes (you'll see that AWT already makes use of lot of implementation classes from sun.awt, sun.security, sun.java2d, and more). Furthermore, these changes aren't introducing any platform dependent or native code that increases porting efforts. If there are ports that already remove these loggers then the effort, once Mandy's changes are in, isn't any different.

:

Why we have to remove all usages of logging in our code instead of
changing logging package to be
more startup friendly?
I haven't seen any proposals to eliminate the logging but rather the suggestion is that this logging should be re-examined because there are way too many loggers created at startup. For example, one of the suggestions that Mandy has put in 6880089 [1] is that there be a logger per core component rather than class.

-Alan.

[1] http://bugs.sun.com/bugdatabase/view_bug.do?bug_id=6880089