On 01/12/2011 10:20, Alan Bateman wrote:
On 30/11/2011 22:34, chris hegarty wrote:
Thanks for all the feedback.

changes:
- use diamond in JarIndex (style issue)
- sun.misc.Service -> java.util.ServiceLoader
in InetAddress and HttpServerProvider
- ExtensionDependency: suppress unchecked on declaration/assignment

http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~chegar/7116722/webrev.01/webrev/
Thanks for changing InetAddress and other place to use ServiceLoader (I
realize this is straying outside of the simple warnings area but it's
the right thing to do). Now I wonder if we should deprecate
sun.misc.Service, looks like there are only two remaining usages in the
JDK and nobody outside of the JDK should be using it.

Yes, I was thinking the same. Would you be ok if I push what I have in this webrev and work on moving the other usages of sun.misc.Service to ServiceLoader before possibly deprecating it?

I'd like to get these changes in so others fixing warnings in sun.misc can sync up.

-Chris.

-Alan.