Please review: http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~jgish/Bug8005582-WinCommand-test-failures/ <http://cr.openjdk.java.net/%7Ejgish/Bug8005582-WinCommand-test-failures/>

Summary: this test, when run on Windows, fails intermittently because of asynchronous windows deletes. The test passes, deletes two files that it has created for the test in the scratch directory, and exits. Then, jtreg upon attempting to cleanup after the test, tries to delete the files after doing a listFiles() on the scratch directory, which despite the delete by the test itself, still contains the files. The jtreg delete fails and jtreg changes the state of the test from passed to failed.

I'm in the process of adding deletion retry behavior to jtreg, but in the meantime we think it makes sense to provide a more stable test environment by simply getting rid of the redundant deletes by the test itself. There really is no need for tests to delete files from the scratch directory at the end of a test because jtreg carries a guarantee of cleanup.

Thanks,
   Jim

--
Jim Gish | Consulting Member of Technical Staff | +1.781.442.0304
Oracle Java Platform Group | Core Libraries Team