I have not yet been able to reproduce it, but now that I have a Windows 7 VM setup, I'm going to try. Windows sysinternals has a program called handle.exe which I have used for years in determining who is holding file handles. If we could install this on our test machines and invoke it after a failed test like this, we'd have a better shot at tracking this down.

Jim