On 09/12/2013 03:37 PM, Joel Borggrén-Franck wrote:
Hi again,

New webrev: http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~jfranck/8009411/webrev.01/

Thanks to Remi and Peter for the quick feedback, I've updated the code
to use for-each as well as fixing getMethod(...).

Andreas Lundblad also added ~100 testcases for getMethod(), both
positive and negative.

Please review

cheers
/Joel

Hi Joel,

This looks correct now. I just wonder about the following corner case. Suppose you have:

public interface A {
    default void m() {
    }
}

public interface B extends A {
    static void m() {
    }
}

public interface C extends B {
}

This does not actually compile, and I think this is correct:

/home/peter/work/local/DefaultVsStaticInterfaceMethodCrash/src/B.java
    Error:Error:line (2)java: m() in B clashes with m() in A
  overriding method is static

But if interface A at first does not have method m(), it compiles. If later default method m() is added to interface A and A is compiled separately, then what happens?

The C.class.getMethods() returns a 1 element array containing A.m(), but C.class.getMethod("m") throws NoSuchMethodException.

This seems inconsistent, but it's a corner case that can only happen with separate compilation.

Regards, Peter