On 1/8/14 11:37 PM, Chris Hegarty wrote:

On 8 Jan 2014, at 20:04, Mandy Chung <mandy.ch...@oracle.com> wrote:

On 1/8/2014 11:30 AM, Daniel Fuchs wrote:

<http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~dfuchs/webrev_8031068-jdk9/webrev.01/>

The fix looks fine.   The WeakReference and System.gc() call was to help
reproduce the test failure.  I wonder if it's really needed to be retained in
the test (or better to remove it).

Sounds like the most reasonable solution.

OK - I removed the unnecessary calls.

http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~dfuchs/webrev_8031068-jdk9/webrev.02/

-- daniel

-Chris.

There has been a few test failures due to this eager GC issue running in
-server -Xcomp mode (I guess they are from the hotspot nightly testing).   It
might worth to run all logging tests with -server -Xcomp to find out if all
test failures due to this issue are reported and fix them all together.

Mandy