On 10/01/2014 15:08, Iaroslav Savytskyi wrote:
Hi, Alan,

You are absolutely right. Unfortunately the things a little bit more
complicated. The reason why I’m fixing this now is, that some time ago I fix
this synchronization issue (synchronized setter without synchronized getter).
After that I got this bug. We had internal discussions if I can leave my
changes and the short answer is “no” :| Because it’s JAXB API and I can’t
change signatures within the same version. So I have to revert my changes and
leave it as it was before. We will fix this in the next MR for JAXB API.
It looks to me that JAXBException has always defined its SUID so I assume this means there isn't really any need to revert that, right?

For TypeConstraintException then adding the SUID to the value that it has always been doesn't change anything except that it now appears in the serialization form that javadoc reports. So any implementation of this exception type would need to use that value. That might be why you need to do a MR. If it is required then your change is okay although I think it would be better if getLinkedException was synchronized. You can use synchronized (this) { ... } around the read to avoid changing the modifiers (and hence SUID).

-Alan.