Hi Alex,

Kumar,

  thanks for your findings. See my comments inline.

On 1/15/14 2:10, Kumar Srinivasan wrote:
Hi Alex,

zip.cpp: (nit) I would keep the hex values to be in upper case just like the others for
              consistency, not a big deal.
  Fixed.

               typo: + // Zip64 END sugnature
  Also fixed.

PackTestZip64.java: shouldn't we test a jar with 64K+  entries ?
Do we really have to do so? Creating, repacking, packing, unpacking and comparing of such jar file would take a lot of testing time. Right now i'm just testing that we are producing binary identical jar after we normalized it. If you think creating of large jar file is necessary i can easily do so.

We must have a test!, it is not necessary that we should execute this all the time, but having this in place, will enable SQ to run this test periodically, and we can run it as well during development. You can copy most of the logic from here, and use the system property/strategy to enable the
time consuming one.
http://hg.openjdk.java.net/jdk9/dev/jdk/file/3b4ac8d1b76f/test/tools/launcher/BigJar.java

I think it would be good to test jars created by the JDK (tools.jar or some suitable one), using the
golden jar may not be appropriate, since it is a pre-canned binary.

Also I am not sure if we should test jars created by JarOutputStream as well as JarFile,
there are some nuances with these APIs and how they write out the jar file.

Kumar

/Alex

Kumar