From: paul.san...@oracle.com
Cc: core-libs-dev@openjdk.java.net
Sent: Thursday, January 16, 2014 6:43:47 AM GMT -08:00 US/Canada Pacific
Subject: Re: JDK 9 RFC on 6667086: Double.doubleToLongBits(final double value)
contains inefficient test for NaN

On Jan 15, 2014, at 10:28 PM, Brian Burkhalter <brian.burkhal...@oracle.com>
wrote:

> Issue:        https://bugs.openjdk.java.net/browse/JDK-6667086
> Webrev:       http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~bpb/6667086/webrev/
>
> According to micro-benckmarks, there is no statistically significant
> performance change due to applying this patch but the code definitely looks
> cleaner.

Looks OK.

I would hope at least the generated machine code from your updated method would
be simpler.

In a comment of the bug there are some optimizations proposed to other methods
(Math.nextAfter/nextUp), might be useful to fix those too or capture in another
bug if the intention is to evaluate?

Paul.