On 29/01/2014 19:10, Mandy Chung wrote:

On 1/29/2014 5:09 AM, Peter Levart wrote:

Since I don't know what should be the correct behaviour of javac, I can leave the Reference.java changes as proposed since it compiles in both cases. Or should I revert the change to declaration of local variable 'q' ?

I slightly prefer to revert the change to ReferenceQueue<? super Object> for now as there is no supertype for Object and this looks a little odd. We can clean this up as a separate fix after we get clarification from compiler-dev.
I see Peter has posted a question to compiler-dev on this and it can always be re-visited once it clear why it compiles when both Reference and ReferenceQueue are in the same compilation unit.

-Alan