Hello,

Back in JDK 5, the sun.misc.FpUtils class was added to provide low-level floating-point manipulations methods needed to write tests of the math library. Over time, those low-level functions have generally been added to the standard Java library and most of the methods in FpUtils have thus been deprecated.

Therefore, I think the start of JDK 9 is a good time to actually remove FpUtils from the platform; please review my change which does this:

    http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~darcy/8033416.0/

The implementation of the ilogb and isUnordered methods was moved into the "Tests" helper class in the math library test directory.

(At the recommendation of Alan in the bug report, I verified that the fx jar files do not reference the FpUtils class.)

Thanks,

-Joe