On 01/02/2014 18:13, Joe Darcy wrote:
Hello,

Back in JDK 5, the sun.misc.FpUtils class was added to provide low-level floating-point manipulations methods needed to write tests of the math library. Over time, those low-level functions have generally been added to the standard Java library and most of the methods in FpUtils have thus been deprecated.

Therefore, I think the start of JDK 9 is a good time to actually remove FpUtils from the platform; please review my change which does this:

    http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~darcy/8033416.0/

The implementation of the ilogb and isUnordered methods was moved into the "Tests" helper class in the math library test directory.

(At the recommendation of Alan in the bug report, I verified that the fx jar files do not reference the FpUtils class.)
I may have mixed it up with FloatConsts or DouleConsts but I'm pretty sure there was a dependency at one point. The main thing is that we've checked and all is okay.

I skimmed over the webrev and it looks good to me (I didn't check ilogb closely but I assume it has just moved without any changes). One minor comment is that I'm not sure that it's worth add the bug number to IeeeRecommendedTests as the change doesn't introduce any tests or fix issues that would be interested in check back on in the future.

-Alan.