On 29/04/2014 11:31, Wang Weijun wrote:
:

If I understand correctly, the reason why binary data is not preferable is not
because they are not printable, but not human readable. Encoding them to BASE64
or HEX does not really solve the problem. What you need to do is precisely
describing how to create the file so that a reader is able to recreate it.

The other thing that came up previously is distributions that have a policy of not allowing binary files. If I'm not mistake then they are deleted by downstream patches, which in this case would lead to a test failure.

-Alan.