On 04/30/2014 04:03 PM, Wang Weijun wrote:
Florian

Just curious, how do you deal with a file like this

http://hg.openjdk.java.net/jdk9/dev/jdk/file/4e7f3aac979b/test/sun/security/krb5/ktab/HighestKvno.java

Is the byte array inside considered binary?

We consider content problematic for which source code apparently exists (and which is the preferred form of making modifications), but it's not part of the sources we use to build RPM packages.

The comment above the byte array indicates that this situation is different in this case, and I don't think Fedora or Debian has problems with it. For more authoritative information on this particular case, you'd have to ask on the fedora-legal or debian-legal mailing lists.

(I'm treating this a question about policies for content inclusion in free software distributions—this is not legal advice.)