I think we’ve agreed that we are not going to attempt to re-introduce the
problematic interruptible I/O mechanism. These new methods are targeted at
specific use-cases and common patterns found in code. I’d like to do a final
review of the spec before finalising it.

 http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~chegar/readBytes/webrev.00

-Chris.