On 03/08/15 11:31, Alexander Stepanov wrote:
Hello,

Could you please review the following fix:
http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~avstepan/8132468/webrev.00/
for

Just some cleanup for docs (replacing obsolete "<tt></tt>").

Thanks,
Alexander

Hi Alexander,

mostly looks good to me - with afew remarks though.

In some files, such as
src/java.base/share/classes/java/io/Console.java and
src/java.base/share/classes/java/lang/ClassLoader.java
(possibly others) - you're using formatting like:

+    * <code>{@link #readLine}</code>.

The <code></code> is not needed around {@link } - as that should be
the default formatting for {@link } (we use {@linkplain } when we
don't want the code formatting for @link).

src/java.base/share/classes/java/io/File.java

+     * <blockquote><code>
+     * #getAbsoluteFile() getAbsoluteFile}())
+     * </code></blockquote>

Would that be easier to read as:

     * <blockquote>{@code new File(f.}{@link
     * #toURI() toURI()}{@code .equals(f.}{@link
     * #getAbsoluteFile() getAbsoluteFile()}{@code )}
     * </blockquote>

(not sure why the original text has hard spaces &nbsp - as
 we usually don't put any space after an open parenthesis)

Same remark for this a few lines below:

+     * <blockquote><code>
+     * </code></blockquote>

I mean - I don't particularly object but if the goal is to replace
way down?

The other question is whether <pre></pre> would be a better fit than

Otherwise looks good!

-- daniel