Hello Stuart,

Please see the final version of File.java (please update the page) - just replacing <tt> with <code> in the mentioned places:
http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~avstepan/8132468/webrev.01/src/java.base/share/classes/java/io/File.java.udiff.html
The specdiff reports for lang and io:
http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~avstepan/8132468/specdiff.io/overview-summary.html
http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~avstepan/8132468/specdiff.lang/overview-summary.html

Regards,
Alexander

On 8/4/2015 12:47 AM, Stuart Marks wrote:
Hi Alexander,

I think Pavel's advice to run specdiff is useful. It's not too difficult to run and in this case it provides a useful cross-check for making a large number of markup changes. Contact me directly if you need help with specdiff. I've run specdiff over your webrev.01 and I've posted the results here:

http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~smarks/reviews/8132468/specdiff.01/overview-summary.html

They show that of all the changes you made, only four are considered significant from specdiff's point of view. Of these, two appear to be merely whitespace issues, but there are two changes that do appear significant:

    File(URI)     // constructor
    File.toURI()

In both cases the italic 'f' is intended to be a metasyntactic variable, not an actual variable that's part of the code. The italic 'f' should be restored. In the case of File.toURI() it appears that the resulting code is now malformed, so there's clearly an error here.

You and Daniel Fuchs had an exchange about this a bit earlier. I suspect the reason for the &nbsp; that appears between the opening parenthesis and the italic 'f' is so that the tail of the 'f' doesn't crash into parenthesis. In other words, the &nbsp; is there merely for typographical purposes. I suspect that after you restore the italic 'f' it'll look bad, so you'll want to restore the &nbsp; as well.

s'marks

On 8/3/15 9:03 AM, Alexander Stepanov wrote:
Hello Pavel

 > Hi Alexander, if I were you I would run specdiff
Thanks; but sorry, I'm afraid I haven't enough time for the extra experiments
just now...

 > It's very easy to go the all the way and lose oneself in there :)
please accept my condolences :)

Regards,
Alexander

On 8/3/2015 6:33 PM, Pavel Rappo wrote:
On 3 Aug 2015, at 16:07, Alexander Stepanov <alexander.v.stepa...@oracle.com>
wrote:

Please see the updated webrev:
http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~avstepan/8132468/webrev.01/

removed wrapping <code></code> around the links (mostly PrintStream.java,
PrintWriter.java, File.java), plus other changes in File.java

Thanks,
Alexander
Hi Alexander, if I were you I would run specdiff against the changes and
upload it along with the RFR.

P.S. "I've tried it once, it was awful." [1] It's very easy to go the all the
way and lose oneself in there :)

[1]
http://mail.openjdk.java.net/pipermail/core-libs-dev/2014-December/030262.html

-Pavel