Claes,

I don't think Wrapper.zero identity matters (e.g. see MethodHandles.constant [1] or InvokerBytecodeGenerator.emitConst).

So, you can considerably simplify your code by allocating fresh wrapper instances.

Best regards,
Vladimir Ivanov

[1] public static
    MethodHandle constant(Class<?> type, Object value) {
            if (w.zero().equals(value))
                return zero(w, type);