Roger, what should I make of this announcement then? [1] A quote from it:

"Although the Java API defines a second as a number between 0 and 61 to
accommodate leap seconds, some applications may have taken short-cuts to
assume that there are 60 seconds in a minute or 86400 seconds in a day.
Systems that perform synchronized time-based transactions with other
systems may run into issues if one system updates and another does not. The
2015 leap second takes place at exactly 23:59:60 UTC on June 30, 2015."

I am concerned that your change may break a long standing assumption. I am
not totally convinced yet leap seconds are not supported -- or at least
they have been implicitly supported. The latter has been my understanding
and a communication like above makes me think it's more than an implicit
support. Please advise. Thank you.

[1]
https://blogs.oracle.com/java-platform-group/entry/the_2015_leap_second_s

Cheers,