On 10/12/2016 8:50 AM, Roger Riggs wrote:
Hi Chris,

On 10/10/2016 9:43 AM, Chris Hegarty wrote:

Right, I was a little uneasy with this too, to being with, but
it has grown on me ( since it appears stable and reliable in
all my builds and tests ). Also the surface area of the code
change is very small, and the inherit channel mechanism is well
specified and stable.

ok, lets give it a try.

I agree it is time to give another approach to these tests a try. This set of tests muddies our overall test results with intermittent failures. I suggest giving Chris's approach a try, monitoring any changes in the failure rate of the tests for a month or two, and then reassessing if the tests need further revisiting.