Hi Martin,

On 5/22/18 8:50 AM, Martin Buchholz wrote:
We seem to have enough consensus to change the modCount behavior of
replaceAll.

Sorry, I don't agree that there is such consensus. There are about half a dozen different issues all at play, spread across several messages throughout the thread. Instead of responding to the individual messages piecemeal, I'm trying to gather them into a unified reply. And I'm still digesting the emails that came in over the weekend. More to come on this.

But let's leave that to a future change and get this integration in by
(temporarily) reverting to the status quo: [...]

Thanks, I appreciate your taking this approach.

I've filed JDK-8203662 to cover the future change, and I've assigned it to you. The CSR request can also be linked to that issue.

I've also filed JDK-8203663 to cover the broader issue of any spec changes and the inconsistency of CME policy across the different collection fail-fast collections in the JDK.

s'marks