Hi Mandy,

I won't comment on the approach, though [1] looks more
cryptic to me as it includes suspicious native code
changes.

I skimmed through the patch file at
http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~mchung/jdk12/webrevs/8211122/webrev.02/open.patch
and haven't noticed anything wrong at first sight.

The changes to java.util.logging & associated tests look fine.

best regards,

-- daniel