On 11/13/2018 4:08 PM, Roger Riggs wrote:
Hi,

A few high level comments:

The JDK already has a command option parser (JoptSimple) in the module jdk.internal.opt and the System Logger.  Why not use them for the argument parsing and logging?

We have an RFE to convert argument parsing to joptsimple that I filed last July JDK-8208300. <https://bugs.openjdk.java.net/browse/JDK-8208300>

I spent a few days at the time prototyping it, and concluded it was a multi-week project.

The team decided it was not a priority for JDK12 and it is now targeted to JDK13.

Similarly, we've been encouraging developers to use the java.nio.file APIs and get away from java.io.File.  Try-with-resources could be used in a few places
to improve the closing of resources.

I can also see many places where the Streams functions could be used
to make the code easier to read (and write).  That's a missed opportunity.

What granularity of comments are you looking for?

We are looking for three types of comments:

1.) Specific show-stopper issues that would prevent you from approving the inclusion of this project in JDK12

2.) Specific small problems that could be addressed in the limited time left for JDK12.

3.) Any other problems or ideas for improvement that we should consider for JDK13 or future releases.

/Andy

Thanks, Roger