Hi Volker,

Do you think it would be possible to get the change you committed to JDK12
http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~simonis/webrevs/2018/8214063/
for this issue https://bugs.openjdk.java.net/browse/JDK-8214063
back-ported to JDK11, as JDK11 is a LTS release and it woud be good to
have this fix?

Also, we have received reports of other issues caused by the
-qvisibility=hidden
when using XLC 13.1 with JDK11 on AIX.

One of these is related to :

Desktop printer feature cannot detect by following exception.
Caused by: java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError:
sun/print/CUPSPrinter.initIDs()Z

Thanks
Steve Groeger
IBM Runtime Technologies
Hursley, Winchester
Tel: (44) 1962 816911  Mobex: 279990  Mobile: 07718 517 129
Fax (44) 1962 816800
Lotus Notes: Steve Groeger/UK/IBM
Internet: groe...@uk.ibm.com

Unless stated otherwise above: