+1

Naoto

On 1/22/19 3:25 PM, Mandy Chung wrote:

On 1/22/19 2:25 PM, Roger Riggs wrote:
Hi Mandy,

Updated webrev:
http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~rriggs/webrev-circ-error-8217339-2/

Looks good.

Other changes look good.

BTW,

> I have not found a reproducer for jdk 12, it only occurs on new work for
> jdk 13.

Is this new code in 13? l10n causes this type of circularity exception during the VM boot up.

I also want to understand what changes in 13 causes the difference.
I was prototyping some more properties ideas.
I suspect that in the previous init sequence, the Locale had been cached.
A closed test had failed, in part because it had changed the default locale
and then installed a security manager.

I see how ConstantDesc gets initialized during initialization of VarHandle from your stack trace.  I can't reproduce it and so I assume it was triggered by your local change.  In any case, converting String.format to string concat is fine.

I am sure Claes may look at the startup and class initialization if we can avoid

Mandy