Hi Igor,

On 21/02/2019 3:19 pm, Igor Ignatyev wrote:
http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~iignatyev//8219139/webrev.00/index.html
40 lines changed: 17 ins; 2 del; 21 mod;

Hi all,

could you please review this small patch which moves tests from test/jdk/vm?

I find some of these tests - the runtime ones at least - of extremely dubious value. They either cover basic functionality that is already well covered, or are regression tests for bugs in code that hasn't existed for many many years!

BTW:

 test/hotspot/jtreg/runtime/ShiftTest.java

is actually a jit test according to the test comment.

there are 16 tests in test/jdk/vm directory. all but JniInvocationTest are hotspot tests, so they are moved to test/hotspot test suite; JniInvocationTest is a launcher test

No its a JNI invocation API test - nothing to do with our launcher. It belongs in runtime/jni. But we already have tests in runtime that use the JNI invocation API so this test adds no new coverage.

I really think the value of these tests needs to be examined before they are brought over.

Thanks,
David
-----

and hence it's moved to test/jdk/tools/launcher. as hotspot/compiler and
hotspot/gc tests use packages, the tests moved there have been updated to have
a package statement.

webrev: http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~iignatyev//8219139/webrev.00/index.html
testing: tier[1-2] (in progress), all the touched tests locally

Thanks,
-- Igor