Hi Goetz,

A bit of wordsmithing on the javadoc of NullPointerException.getMessage
and separating out the implementation specific description to an @implNote

75:
    /**
     * Returns the detail message string of this throwable.
     * <p>
     * If a non-null message was supplied in a constructor it is returned.
     * Otherwise, an implementation specific message or {@code null} is
returned.
     * @ImplNote
     * If no explicit message was passed to the constructor, and as
     * long as certain internal information is available, a verbose
     * description of the null reference is returned.
     * The internal information is not available in deserialized
NullPointerExceptions.
     *
     * @return the detail message string, which may be {@code null}.
     *

94-97: The comment on the getExtendedNPEMessage should use the normal /**... */ syntax.

Thanks, Roger