Hi Goetz,

Looks good.
Count me as a (java) Reviewer.

Thanks, Roger

On 9/24/19 4:13 AM, Lindenmaier, Goetz wrote:
Hi Roger,

thanks for improving the text!  Good point to add
@implNote.
This webrev includes the fixed comments:
http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~goetz/wr19/8218628-exMsg-NPE/19/
Is it ok to add you as reviewer (for the java.base part)?

Best regards,
   Goetz.

-----Original Message-----
From: Roger Riggs <roger.ri...@oracle.com>
Sent: Montag, 23. September 2019 17:30
To: Lindenmaier, Goetz <goetz.lindenma...@sap.com>; Hotspot dev runtime
<hotspot-runtime-...@openjdk.java.net>; Java Core Libs <core-libs-
d...@openjdk.java.net>
Subject: Re: RFR (L, final): 8218626: Add detailed message to
NullPointerException describing what is null.

Hi Goetz,

A bit of wordsmithing on the javadoc of NullPointerException.getMessage
and separating out the implementation specific description to an @implNote

75:
     /**
      * Returns the detail message string of this throwable.
      * <p>
      * If a non-null message was supplied in a constructor it is returned.
      * Otherwise, an implementation specific message or {@code null} is
returned.
      * @ImplNote
      * If no explicit message was passed to the constructor, and as
      * long as certain internal information is available, a verbose
      * description of the null reference is returned.
      * The internal information is not available in deserialized
NullPointerExceptions.
      *
      * @return the detail message string, which may be {@code null}.
      *
94-97: The comment on the getExtendedNPEMessage should use the normal
/**... */ syntax.

Thanks, Roger