Hi Naoto,

Thanks for the review!

I refactored the code around getting the XML version and encoding from the locator to get rid of the CCE. The impls with EventWriter and StreamWriter share a base class. All three classes are therefore refactored. No material change to the EventWriter impl. Two fields, xmlVersion and encoding, are added since I expect they will be needed later when we work on fixing the declaration. Note that, as of the current impl, encoding is not referenced in the StreamWriter impl, which is part of the issue in transforming the declaration (JDK-8241711).

Here's webrev version 2:
http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~joehw/jdk15/8238183/webrev_02/

-Joe